If you are one out of the esteemed owners of Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360, then here is a good news for you. XDA developers have come up with a solution to root your Samsung Galaxy Y. Since this device comes loaded with a wide no. of features at low price tag, so it has made a huge success in the market. When you asking question about why Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 need root and the answer is Rooting your Galaxy Y will enable you to install custom ROMs in it. If you are willing to root your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360, then this tutorial is going to be helpful for you as I am listing the full step by step process to do samsung galaxy y root guide.
Steps To Follow Before Rooting
- Start the process only when your battery is charged at least 70 percent, otherwise power may create some problems during the process.
- Remove the security apps/antivirus from both the PC and phone as it may interrupt the process.
- Take the backup of entire important data so that in case, any unpleasant happening is there, you can get back to the normal point.
- Enable the USB Debugging. You can do so by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- First of all, download the Root package update.zip file. You can download it from here.
- Connect your mobile to PC and copy the downloaded file to the internal SD of your Galaxy Y.
- Turn off your device and start it in the recovery mode. This can be done by pressing the Volume up + Home buttons simultaneously, during restart.
- Select the ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from SD card’. Here, select the file that you downloaded in the very first step.
- This will start the rooting process and will end in about 5 minutes. So be patient.
- Now select the +++Go Back+++’ and then ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device.
That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360. I hope this samsung galaxy y root guide tutorial helps and if you face any problem, then do let us know in the comment box below.
Disclaimer and Warning
The rooting process is for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360. The process may lead to your device’s damage. So follow the process at your own risk.